Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives is an adult-focused resort set on a small island just over 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé International Airport. The resort offers a relaxing and inspiring holiday experience along with plenty of opportunities to indulge, play and rejuvenate at the superb well-being area and at the numerous restaurants and bars. Centara is also a haven for watersports lovers.
All 140 suites and villas blend in with the rich green interior and the white powdery beach, using flowing and natural architectural forms and a harmonious décor.
• Ocean Front Beach Villas are located a few steps away from the lagoon.
• Deluxe Ocean Front Beach Villas offer 51 square metres of total living space with an outdoor spa bathtub.
• The tastefully designed Deluxe Water Villas are set above the crystal clear waters with steps down to the lagoon.
• Premium Deluxe Spa Water Villas have a private deck housing an over water netting, an outdoor spa bathtub and boasting unobstructed views of the ocean.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
The resort offers a choice of meal plans to suit guests’ every need, with ‘Half Board Plus’ – providing breakfast, lunch or dinner with a three-hour open bar bonus during chosen main meal and the ever popular All-inclusive concept. The resort has something for every taste. Guests will enjoy authentic Thai cuisine at Suan Bua and the flavours of Asia, Europe, Middle East and South America at Oceans, the all-day thatched roof restaurant with barefoot sand floors. Overlooking the pool, La Brezza serves authentic Italian cuisine and specialty seafood and houses the island’s main wine cave. Al Khaimah is reminiscent of a Bedouin tent, featuring low-slung seating, rich fabrics and serving Arabian cuisine. With its circular shape, lounge seating and over water hammocks Viu Bar is perfect to unwind and enjoy picturesque sunsets over refreshments and cocktails.
• Swimming pool complete with dedicated pool bar
• Well-being area with SPA Cenvaree and a relaxation pavilion
• SPA Cenvaree offers a dreamy setting and comprises nine massage and treatment rooms designed with individuals and couples in mind
• Fully-equipped fitness centre
• E-Zone with full music, DVD and video games library
• PADI dive centre
• Water sports centre offering motorised water activities and non-motorised water sports including windsurfing, paddle boarding, catamarans, kayaks, snorkeling and pedal boats
• Great house reef
• Gift shop
• Half- and full-day excursions are available
• Complimentary wireless internet access
The best time to go to the Maldives on a surf trip is between March & October with June, July and August predominantly getting the biggest swells to go with the offshore trade winds at that time. There are over 50 breaks scattered through out the North, Central and Southern atolls offering some great variety for all levels of surfer.
Although the Maldives are exposed to the same swells as Indonesia its higher latitude and south-east exposure make it a less hardcore surfing environment.
Photos credit Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa