Spend 9-12 nights exploring the untouched Panaitan Island region off West Java aboard Just Dreaming, a 50 ft cutter rigged ketch, with all the mod-cons and taking a maximum of 8 surfers.
$2475 for 9 nights
The skipper John has been operating in the region for ten years and knows it like the back of his hand. So if you’re looking to explore the super uncrowded area of Panaitan, and have a good time you can’t go past Johnny and the Just Dreaming crew.
- Air conditioned dormitory style accommodation sleeping up to 8 guests
- TV with VCR, DVD and Blu-Ray player
- Stereo with radio, cassette and CD player as well as connections for mp3, iPod and iPhones
- Western style internal shower & on-deck shower
- Western style toilet
- Wide variety of recreational equipment, including fishing, spearfishing and snorkelling gear.
- Modern refrigerator, freezer and commercial ice-making facilities
- Back-up 240V generator for all power needs.
- Tender with high powered outboard
- All safety equipment including all modern navigation equipment
As with most areas of Indonesia, West Java gets the best surf conditions during the months March through to October. Depending on where you decide to travel, you will have access to breaks suiting both your skill levels and desires. Mostly this area is uncrowded, and you will definitely get to experience the isolated Indo perfection you’ve always dreamt of! The waves in West Java are really under-rated. They are some of the best in Indo, even the world, it’s just a matter of timing.
There are four known breaks around Panaitan Island that Just Dreaming charters often frequent, you may already be familiar with them. But what you may not be familiar with, is the plethora of other waves in the local area, suitable for all abilities, from beginners right through to professionals. Listed below are these bigger name locations, as well as some of our more regularly frequented spots. It’s definitely worth noting however, that there are a bunch more waves not listed here that we like to keep to ourselves, both surrounding Panaitan Island, and on the West Java mainland.
Jump on-board Just Dreaming… you might be lucky enough to sample all of the below, and of course the ones we haven’t mentioned!